International Cricket Council (ICC), the world governing body of cricket, has recently announced the official Crictos NFT collectibles and Fancraze Flash games for the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022 in partnership with Mumbai-based crypto start-up Fancraze.
On January 7, 2022, ICC and Fancraze announced their “Crictos” digital collectibles programme to create exclusive ICC NFT packs on the Flow blockchain. And on January 27, 2022, they dropped the first collectibles pack from the 2015 and 2019 editions of the 50-over ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup.
Now, ICC and Fancraze are all set to onboard new Web3 users with the announcement of a digital collectible for the massively popular T20 World Cup, which drew a record 170+ million television viewers last year.
The ICC T20 men’s world cup 2022 is the eighth edition of this shorter format of cricket, and it will be held in Australia from October 16 to November 13, 2022. There will be 16 international teams competing in 45 matches on seven grounds for the championship title and a prize pool of US$5.6 million.
The NFTs of the top 8 teams in the ICC men’s T20 world cup, namely India, Australia, New Zealand, England, Pakistan, South Africa, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh, plus West Indies and Sri Lanka, are already available on the Fancraze marketplace. And, Crictos Game Packs for the ICC men’s T20 World Cup will be available for sale every day in the lead up to each match, with marquee moments revealed to fans after the game.
Stage 1 of the ICC Men’s T20 WC has already begun and fans can now purchase the Rising Stars pack and play FanCraze Flash for this part of the tournament. As the remaining participating teams are finalized, Fancraze will also announce the memorable moments NFTs and Flash games for Super 12 games via their official twitter handle (@0xFanCraze).
Recommended Read: LaLiga X Dapper Labs NFT Collectibles Launch
What are Crictos? Crictos are digital clip collectibles of the most iconic moments of an ICC cricket match, including wickets taken, 6s & 4s hit by batsmen, and players/fans’ reactions. Fans can purchase these NFTs to build their collection, or submit their moments and player card sets in FanCraze games to compete with other fans.
Raza to the moon!— ICC (@ICC) October 17, 2022
We can reveal that this 6 from Sikandar Raza is one of the moments that could be featured in your @0xFanCraze Crictos of the Game packs from Zimbabwe vs Ireland.
Grab your pack from https://t.co/8TpUHbQQaa to own iconic moments from every game. pic.twitter.com/veJGtGm1ja
What is FanCraze Flash? Flash is a FanCraze game utility for owners of all FanCraze NFTs (including Crictos), where they can build an all-round NFT collection across eras, players, countries, formats, and tournaments, and test their strategy and skills against other fans.
Usually, in a Flash game, fans will be presented with a slot for 4–12 NFTs, and they can submit eligible NFTs from their existing collection or purchase them from the Fancraze Marketplace to participate. After that, users need to assign multipliers of 2x, 1.75x, 1.5x, and 1.25x to their favourite eligible NFTs in their sets. Each NFT can accrue a maximum of 100 points, and points are summed up across all the NFTs in the set to form a leaderboard. Prizes are awarded based on users’ ranking on the leaderboard.
FanCraze was incorporated in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India on September 29, 2021. The Cricket NFT platform, founded by Anshum Bhambri, Sundar Raman, and Kushagra Kohli, raised $17.4M in a seed round last year (3 Nov 2021), led by New York-based investment firm Tiger Global, with participation from Coatue and Sequoia Capital India.
Then, in March of this year, FanCraze raised $100 million in Series A funding led by NYC based venture capital firm Insight Partners, with participation from California based B Capital.
Fancraze aims to integrate blockchain-based offerings of Cricket NFTs (memorable moment collectibles), NFT Marketplace (buy/trade/craft NFTs), utility (Flash games), and a game studio to build the best fan experience in the Metaverse.
- Every ticket holder of the ICC men’s T20 World Cup match will be gifted a Crictos Pack.
- Dapper Labs, the Vancouver-based blockchain company known for popular sports collectibles projects like NBA Top Shot, NFL All Day, and UFC Strike, has also invested in the seed round of FanCraze.
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s CR7 has also invested in the series A round of FanCraze.
- Co-Founder Sundar Raman is the founding COO of the Indian Premier League (IPL).
- Indian cricketers Rohit Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah, Shikhar Dhawan, Ravichandran Ashwin, and Yuzvendra Chahal are some of the current partners of Fancraze.
- Crictos NFTs can be purchased directly via a mobile wallet or a credit/debit card without the need for a crypto wallet.
- Fans can watch the live telecast of the 2022 T20 World Cup on Star Network in India, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, & Maldives; Sky Sports in the United Kingdom; Fox Sports, Channel Nine, Kayo in Australia; Willow TV, ESPN+ in the United States; Hotstar in Canada; PTV & ARY Digital Networks in Pakistan; and Gazi TV, Rabbithole in Bangladesh.
- Yuvraj Singh’s six sixes from the inaugural 2007 edition of ICC T20 WC has been crowned the FanCraze Greatest Moment.