DreamWorks Animation’s Official Twitter (@Dreamworks) has released the official partnership trailer between DreamWorks animation and Gala for the fourth highly anticipated VOX drop, which will go live on October 14th, 2022. Based on the beloved Trolls characters, the 8,888 unique DreamWorks Animation Trolls VOX Boxes will drop in the COINBASE NFT marketplace. Pre-Sale countdown for this collaboration project between GALA, Universal Games and Digital Platforms, and DreamWorks is now live on the collectvox.com website.
Trolls is a vibrant and joyful animated movie franchise produced by DreamWorks Animation, which was released in November 2016, followed by a sequel, Trolls World Tour, released in April 2020. Upon its release, characters from the animated musical comedy like Princess Poppy, Branch, Biggie, Bridget, Creek, Chef, and DJ Suki, etc. were an instant hit amongst children and adults alike, due to its adventure setting, catchy music, and relatable personalities.
In August 2021, Gala Labs, which was built to give ownership and control back to gamers everywhere using Web3.0 technology, announced its ambitious VOX series project. A VOX is a randomly generated and unique 3D pixelated avatar that lives on the Ethereum blockchain as a NFT. They are collectible ERC-721 NFTs, and each VOX series is a collection of 8,888 such NFTs based on popular IPs.
The inaugural VOX series is based on characters from GALA Games’ Town Star and was released on August 10, 2021. The Mirandus VOX series, based on GALA Game’s epic blockchain-based MMORPG, was the second, and Mirandus VOX Boxes were released for sale on December 6, 2021. The third-Walking Dead VOX series, was released on March 28, 2022.
With this highly anticipated 4th VOX Box Drop announcement, tapping into DreamWorks’ Trolls, one of the most recognized family entertainment brands in the world, VOXverse is all set to touch new heights in the gaming and entertainment industry.
VOX’s Troll collectibles will be ERC721 NFTs, which are 3D, animatable, and with future utility. Each NFT will contain unique sets of randomized traits and characteristics from the Troll franchise’s beloved characters.
VOX Boxes from this GALA×VOX×DREAMWORK’s NFT series is planned to include land parcels in the upcoming VOXverse, Gala Music Whitelist Tokens, a Trolls Trailer NFT with reward potential, and even a chance to buy exclusive and incredibly limited Trolls VOX hoodies.
🎉 🎉 🎉 Dance to the music! It’s party time as your favorite #DreamWorksTrolls, including Poppy and Branch, join the exclusive VOXverse. Collect yours at https://t.co/RxVZcQieov pic.twitter.com/S5Tw0rpBnJ— DreamWorks Animation (@Dreamworks) October 3, 2022
- The Original Troll Doll was created in Denmark in 1959 by Thomas Dam, a fisherman and woodcutter.
- The Troll plastic dolls were massively popular in the U.S. in the 1960s.
- DreamWorks Animation acquired the Troll Dolls IP in April 2013.
- On Opensea, the most favorited VOX from the Town Star series is the Trucker VOX #6052, and from the Mirandus series it is the Blue Dragon VOX #2054.
- Dreamworks released the Troll 3 poster in May 2022, and the film is expected to be released exclusively in theaters in November 2023.
- VOXs are built for decentralized financial (DeFi) utility and interoperability across the Gala Games Ecosystem.
- The song “Can’t Stop the Feeling!” by Justin Timberlake, from the 2016 Troll movie, received an Academy Award nomination for Best Original Song.
- The Trolls-themed 4th VOX drop from DreamWorks Animation will be available for purchase in primary sales on the Coinbase NFT Marketplace.